Bank Enforcement Actions: Trends and Developments for 2010
Negotiating and Complying With Enforcement Orders, Meeting Disclosure Requirements
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare counsel to banks to defend or settle bank enforcement actions and meet disclosure requirements, while minimizing compliance burdens associated with the increasingly heightened government scrutiny.
- Enforcement trends for 2010
- Federal agencies
- State agencies
- Negotiating enforcement actions
- Informal actions
- Formal actions
- Complying with enforcement actions
- Disclosure requirements for publicly traded institutions
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the benefits of a negotiated voluntary plan of action and when should this be the bank's goal?
- How can counsel convince regulators to soften the language of a cease and desist order — and why is this important?
- What can bank-holding companies expect after their subsidiary bank is subject to an enforcement action?
- Why is the distinction between a formal and informal enforcement action critical in terms of disclosure requirements for publicly held institutions?
Sanford M. Brown
Bracewell & Giuliani
He represents financial institutions in matters involving banking laws, regulations and enforcement actions and in... | Read More
He represents financial institutions in matters involving banking laws, regulations and enforcement actions and in corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions. He is a frequent speaker at regional and national banking seminars and educational programs.Close
T. J. Mick Grasmick
Manatt Phelps & Phillips
His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, nonbanking activities, formation of new banks, interstate and other... | Read More
His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, nonbanking activities, formation of new banks, interstate and other expansion by banks, bank holding companies and other financial institutions, the requirements and restrictions on expansion of state and federal bank regulatory agencies; bank supervision and examination, general banking corporate matters and regulatory and legislative developments.Close
Promontory Financial Group
He advises financial institutions on compliance, enterprise risk management, governance, and regulatory communications.... | Read More
He advises financial institutions on compliance, enterprise risk management, governance, and regulatory communications. He has prior experience in executive positions in the Banking Industry. His government service includes counsel to the U.S. Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs and Chief of Staff and Senior Deputy Comptroller for Economic Analysis and Public Affairs at the OCC.Close