Bank Director Duties: New Oversight Concerns, Avoiding Shareholder Actions and Regulatory Scrutiny
Bank Secrecy Act, New Credit Loss Methodology, Board Composition, Cybersecurity
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine corporate governance and regulatory issues that are expected to be of significant concern to bank directors and C-suite officers in 2019. The panel will discuss the role counsel can play in establishing proper board governance and oversight and the benefits of doing so.
- Introduction – Role of board directors and C-suite in bank governance and oversight
- Spotlight on critical regulatory issues
- CECL Methodology
- Spotlight on critical governance issues
- Board oversight
- Director quality
- Board diversity
- Conclusion – Expectations for 3Q and 4Q 2019
- Shareholder Proposal Trends
- Supervisory Expectations
- Corporate Governance Themes
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- In what respects have cybersecurity and BSA/AML compliance been elevated to a board level concern?
- What steps should a board take to ensure implementation with the new CECL methodology?
- How should a board evaluate its directors to ensure competent oversight of bank operations?
- Corporate governance from the perspective of financial institutions.
Mark Windon Jones
Mr. Jones’ practice focuses on the transactional, corporate governance and disclosure needs of public and private... | Read More
Mr. Jones’ practice focuses on the transactional, corporate governance and disclosure needs of public and private companies, with an emphasis on capital raising transactions and mergers and acquisitions. He also advises public companies with respect to reporting under the Exchange Act and compliance with SEC regulations and market listing standards.Close
Zayne Ridenhour Tweed
Mr. Tweed represents public and private companies with respect to corporate governance matters, capital issues and... | Read More
Mr. Tweed represents public and private companies with respect to corporate governance matters, capital issues and strategic planning. He counsels financial institutions in mergers and acquisitions, including bank mergers and acquisitions of nonbank institutions. Mr. Tweed also advises state- and nationally chartered community banks on various regulatory, compliance and corporate governance issues.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 05/17/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 05/17/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H