Avoiding Tax Pitfalls of New EU Directive Targeting Cross-Border Tax Planning Mechanisms
Mandatory Disclosures by Intermediaries, Reporting Requirements, Planning Techniques and More
A live 90-minute CLE/CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE/CPE webinar will guide tax professionals and advisers on recent directives of the European Union (EU) regarding mandatory reporting obligations for intermediaries and taxpayers. The panel will discuss the implications of the EU directive on U.S. companies, required disclosures of tax arrangements, planning techniques, and best practices for tax counsel and advisers.
- Overview of the EU directive on cross-border tax planning arrangements
- Reporting obligations and mandatory disclosures by intermediaries and taxpayers
- Determining who are intermediaries
- Reportable cross-border arrangements subject to the EU directive
- The “main benefit test” giving rise to reporting obligations
- The impact of EU directive on U.S.-based companies and taxpayers
- Best practices for tax professionals and advisers in ensuring compliance with EU directive
The panel will review these and other crucial topics:
- The disclosure and reporting obligations as required by the EU directive
- Determining which taxpayers and intermediaries are subject to the directive
- Identifying reportable cross-border arrangements subject to mandatory disclosure
- Techniques and planning methods for U.S.-based companies
Shee Boon Law, Ph.D.
Head of Knowledge - International Tax Group
Mr. Law is currently the Head of Knowledge at DLA Piper's International Tax Group, where he is responsible for... | Read More
Mr. Law is currently the Head of Knowledge at DLA Piper's International Tax Group, where he is responsible for championing, co-ordinating and delivering the technical expertise of the International Tax Group to clients and the market generally.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
See NASBA details.
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $9.45 S&H