Asserting Attorney-Client Privilege When Representing U.S. Companies with Affiliated Foreign Entities
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide corporate counsel guidance on the complex issues in preserving attorney-client privilege and protecting attorney work product while representing U.S. based entities with foreign affiliates. The panel will discuss best practices in maintaining privilege when advising affiliated entities, managing corporate communications and working across borders through local counsel.
- Unique attorney-client privilege issues for in-house counsel of U.S. based entities with foreign affiliates
- Handling challenges to privilege claims in corporate commmunications
- Preserving privileged information in internal investigations and third-party communications
- Best practices for counsel in mitigating risks while representing multinational entities
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- How does attorney-client privilege apply to U.S. based companies with foreign affiliates?
- What factors impact invoking privilege for communications with a third party?
- How to handle challenges to privilege claims of corporate communications
- What are the privilege concerns present in providing a mix of legal and business advice?
Stavroula E. Lambrakopoulos
Ms. Lambrakopoulos concentrates her practice in securities enforcement matters, securities and financial services... | Read More
Ms. Lambrakopoulos concentrates her practice in securities enforcement matters, securities and financial services litigation, internal investigations and broker-dealer regulation. She regularly represents corporate and individual clients in enforcement proceedings before the SEC, the Department of Justice, FINRA, and state securities regulators. She represents financial institutions, corporations, and their officers in complex financial services cases and securities class action litigation.Close
Vincente L. Martinez
Mr. Martinez' practice focuses on counseling and defending financial services firms, companies, and individuals... | Read More
Mr. Martinez' practice focuses on counseling and defending financial services firms, companies, and individuals facing government examinations, investigations, and charges. He has a distinguished history of leadership at the SEC and the CFTC, where he coordinated the enforcement efforts of multiple federal agencies. He was a decorated SEC enforcement attorney and officer who investigated, litigated, and directed the enforcement of numerous anti-fraud actions.Close
Meghan E. Flinn
Ms. Flinn focuses her practice on the defense of companies and individuals involved in government investigations,... | Read More
Ms. Flinn focuses her practice on the defense of companies and individuals involved in government investigations, regulatory enforcement actions, and litigation matters, as an associate in the Investigations, Enforcement, and White Collar group. She represents investment advisers, broker-dealers, individuals, banks, and other financial institutions before various state and federal regulators, including the SEC, the CFPB, the DOJ, and FINRA. Additionally, Ms. Flinn advises clients in connection with private litigation in federal court.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $9.45 S&H