ASC 740 Income Tax Accounting Challenges in 2013
Tackling Valuations of Deferred Tax Assets, Tax Expense and UTP Reporting, and Other Issues
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This teleconference will prepare corporate tax professionals and tax advisors to anticipate challenges with valuing deferred tax assets and other activities governed by ASC 740. The panel will provide insights on defensible analyses and decisions in a range of income tax accounting activities.
- Review of terms of ASC 740 and related guidance
Particular issues arising with income tax accounting, and best compliance practices
- Valuing and reporting deferred tax assets
- Analyzing and reporting uncertain tax positions
- Reporting current and deferred income tax expense and balance sheet items
- Deciding on appropriate intra-period allocations
- Current auditor red flags
The panel will explore key issues with these and other relevant topics:
- Deferred tax assets and liabilities: Sources, calculations, allowances, disclosures and more.
- Uncertain tax position analyses: Reviewing and evaluating UTPs, determining classification, accruing interest and penalties, and more.
- Reporting income tax expense and balance sheet items: Calculating both the current and deferred expense or benefit.
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
He specializes in tax and compliance services for multi-national public companies and venture capital-backed, pre-IPO... | Read More
He specializes in tax and compliance services for multi-national public companies and venture capital-backed, pre-IPO businesses. He is a recognized expert in ASC 740 accounting matters and previously worked with PricewaterhouseCoopers in San Jose.Close
Senior Director, Tax Process Efficiency and Technology
She has more than 20 years of public accounting experience with a particularly heavy emphasis on ASC 740 accounting... | Read More
She has more than 20 years of public accounting experience with a particularly heavy emphasis on ASC 740 accounting and FIN 48 tax positions.Close
He is assigned to the firm’s Tax and International Tax practices. In the latter group, he specializes in ASC 740... | Read More
He is assigned to the firm’s Tax and International Tax practices. In the latter group, he specializes in ASC 740 and FIN 48 outsourcing and tax compliance consulting, as well as international tax planning and compliance assistance.Close