Article III Standing and Class Certification After Spokeo: Implications and Strategies for Plaintiff and Defense Counsel
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine the expected impact of the long-awaited Spokeo Inc. v. Thomas Robins et al. decision for class action litigation. The panel will discuss how class counsel can leverage or overcome Article III standing challenges when pursuing or challenging class certification.
- Anticipated impact of Spokeo Inc. v. Thomas Robins et al. on Article III standing
- Strategies for class certification
- Plaintiff perspective and best practices
- Defense perspective and best practices
- Is Article III standing an appropriate question during class decertification?
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the highlights and expected impact of the Supreme Court’s Spokeo Inc. v. Thomas Robins ruling for class action attorneys?
- How can plaintiff’s counsel effectively overcome standing challenges in the wake of the decision?
- What are best practices for defense counsel to successfully defeat class certification based on lack of standing post-Spokeo?
O'Melveny & Myers
Ms. Laurendeau has extensive experience defending pharmaceutical and consumer product companies in class and mass tort... | Read More
Ms. Laurendeau has extensive experience defending pharmaceutical and consumer product companies in class and mass tort actions involving product liability claims. In addition to her pharmaceutical and consumer product work, Amy has represented clients across varied industries in complex business litigation matters, ranging from putative class actions, to high-stakes contract disputes, to trade secret violations, to insurance coverage and bad faith claims.Close
Jeffrey A. Leon
Mr. Leon pursues class action lawsuits on behalf of aggrieved consumers and businesses. He has served as co-lead... | Read More
Mr. Leon pursues class action lawsuits on behalf of aggrieved consumers and businesses. He has served as co-lead counsel or as an executive committee member in lawsuits that have delivered hundreds of millions of dollars in benefits to consumers who were aggrieved by the conduct of a variety of companies. Because Mr. Leon has spent a significant amount of his legal career representing both plaintiffs and defendants, he has a unique perspective which guides his litigation strategy.Close