Alternative Public Offerings: An Emerging IPO Option
Using APOs to Go Public and Gain Faster and More Cost-Efficient Access to Capital Markets
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide strategies for counsel advising private companies on alternative routes to go public with the goal of accessing capital markets. The panel will discuss recent trends for going public, outlining a variety of APO options, benefits associated with each and regulatory changes to consider.
- Alternatives to IPOs
- Reverse mergers
- Direct Public Offering (DPO)
- Spinoff followed by a reverse merger
- Private placement offering followed by a secondary public offering
- Private placement followed by a holding period
- Benefits of APOs
- Regulatory Changes and Updates
- Rule 144 changes
- Form 8-k (“super" 8-k)
- Capital raising in connection with APOs
- Best practices
- Negotiating the terms
- Drafting transaction documents
- Finalizing the closing
- Filing and reporting requirements
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the key considerations to decide whether to structure the transaction as an APO, and to decide which APO option to use?
- What considerations should be given when negotiating, drafting, and finalizing the APO?
- What are the recent regulatory changes affecting APOs?
- What are some capital raising options for APOs?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Donald C. Reinke
He has extensive experience in the areas of venture capital finance, public securities offerings, mergers and... | Read More
He has extensive experience in the areas of venture capital finance, public securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and other general corporate representation of emerging growth companies, as well as venture funds and investment banks.He is currently a Deputy Chair of the firm’s Global Emerging Company/Venture Capital Practice.Close
Schulte Roth & Zabel
He is known for his expertise in the development and implementation of alternative investment structures for private... | Read More
He is known for his expertise in the development and implementation of alternative investment structures for private equity investments and structuring and negotiating private investments in public equity, or PIPEs, and related products. He works on approximately 200 PIPE or PIPE market-related transactions every year for large private investment groups and investment banks in the U.S. and abroad.Close
David N. Feldman
Richardson & Patel
He is considered one of the country's leading experts on reverse mergers. His practice focuses on corporate and... | Read More
He is considered one of the country's leading experts on reverse mergers. His practice focuses on corporate and securities matters, particularly mergers and acquisitions, private equity, debt, venture capital and other financings. He is a frequent speaker on issues related to formation, management and acquisition of public shell companies and implementation of reverse mergers.Close