ALTA/NSPS Land Title Survey Standards: What Real Estate Counsel Need to Know
Survey Exceptions and Survey Endorsements in Title Insurance Policies
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will explain the ALTA/NSPS Standards and identify the recent, significant modifications, including changes to Table A. The panel will also discuss how title insurers typically address various survey matters in title policies and the utility of survey endorsements.
- ALTA/NSPS land survey overview
- Purpose of survey
- Components of survey
- Section 4—New considerations related to records research
- Section 5.B.—Changes to subsections relating to rights of way and access
- Section 5.E.iv.—Treatment of utilities vis-à-vis evidence of easements
- Section 6.B.—When the surveyor prepares a new description
- Section 6.C.—Addressing easements on the plat of survey
- Changes in Table A
- Item 6—Addressing zoning on the survey
- Item 11—Utility investigations
- Former Item 18—Evidence of use of the property as a solid waste dump, sump or sanitary landfill
- Item 18—Addressing wetlands
- Item 19—Insured (Schedule A) easements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What does a land survey accomplish, and when should it be conducted?
- What documentation is to be provided to the surveyor pursuant to the new Standards and what is the surveyor's responsibility if those documents are not forthcoming?
- How do the new Standards address rights of way and easements?
Gary R. Kent, P.S.
Integrated Services Director
The Schneider Corporation
Mr. Kent is a past-president of both ACSM and the Indiana Society of Professional Land Surveyors. He has a BS... | Read More
Mr. Kent is a past-president of both ACSM and the Indiana Society of Professional Land Surveyors. He has a BS degree in Land Surveying from Purdue University and is registered to practice surveying in Indiana and Michigan. He is chair of both the NSPS/ACSM committee and the ALTA committee on the ALTA/ACSM Standards. The Schneider Corporation is a 42-year-old consulting firm providing solutions in surveying, GIS, 3D graphics, architecture, and civil, municipal and transportation engineering.Close
Mary A. Slade
First American Title
Ms. Slade is the 2018-2019 Real Estate Committee Chair and 2017-2018 Chair of the Indiana State Bar Association's... | Read More
Ms. Slade is the 2018-2019 Real Estate Committee Chair and 2017-2018 Chair of the Indiana State Bar Association's Probate Trust and Real Property Section of the Indiana State Bar Association. She has served as co-editor of that Sections newsletter as well as a co-editor of the Indiana Land Title Association Handbook. Her real estate career has also included private practice as a real estate transaction and litigation attorney and as regional underwriting and claims counsel and state underwriting counsel for two other national title underwriters for 16 states and the District of Columbia besides her current Indiana State Counsel position with First American Title Insurance Company.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $250
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$444 + $19.45 S&H