Allocating Environmental Risk in Distressed Real Estate Transactions
Crafting Representations and Warranties, Indemnities and Insurance Provisions to Minimize Environmental Liability
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will outline best practices for attorneys to structure and negotiate representations and warranties, indemnities and insurance provisions that allocate environmental risks in purchase agreements for distressed commercial real estate.
- Environmental issues typically arising in distressed real estate transactions
- Allocating and minimizing environmental risks
- Representations and warranties
- Indemnity provisions
- Mitigating risk with environmental insurance
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What common environmental concerns should counsel anticipate when advising clients on the sale or purchase of financially distressed commercial real estate?
- How can the purchaser and seller each minimize environmental risk when negotiating and drafting representations and warranties and indemnity provisions?
- How is environmental insurance being used to manage risks not typically covered under traditional property and casualty policies?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Craig K. Pendergrast
Taylor English Duma
His practice includes a specialization in environmental law and commercial litigation. For more than 25 years, he has... | Read More
His practice includes a specialization in environmental law and commercial litigation. For more than 25 years, he has worked with clients to assess their risks and resolve their problems and disputes in a highly-skilled and cost-effective manner through risk allocation, negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and litigation. He is Chambers-rated as a leading environmental law practitioner in Georgia.Close
Kenneth F. Whittaker, Ph.D.
Gonzalez Saggio & Harlan
He has advised industrial and commercial clients on the limitation of environmental liabilities associated with... | Read More
He has advised industrial and commercial clients on the limitation of environmental liabilities associated with property acquisitions and divestitures; commercial leasing agreements; real property and Brownfields development; and acquisition of environmental insurance and the availability of related state subsidies.Close
Cindy J. Karlson
She focuses on environmental and land use law, and includes transactional work, administrative matters, and litigation.... | Read More
She focuses on environmental and land use law, and includes transactional work, administrative matters, and litigation. Her work involves pre-transaction counseling and the structuring of deals, developing risk management strategies, negotiating contractual language concerning environmental risk and allocation of liability for known and unknown conditions; and environmental due diligence.Close