Airbnb and Short-Term Rentals: Practical Considerations for Landlords, Tenants, HOAs, and Other Stakeholders
Property Damages, Insurance Coverage, Limitations on Commercial Use, Municipal Regulation and Enforcement
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss the effects of short-term rentals on real estate and explore the unique issues confronting owners, renters, and other stakeholders. Our panel will provide insights into the overlapping legal and regulatory regimes applicable to such arrangements--including the restrictions under rental and co-op leases and condominium bylaws--and enforcement difficulties faced by landlords, co-op or condominium owners and boards, and homeowner and neighborhood associations.
- Overview, history, and trends
- Considerations for landlords and tenants when entering into short-term rentals
- Regulatory restrictions on short-term rentals
- HOAs and other stakeholders
- Case law developments
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- What are the practical benefits of short-term rentals?
- What effects do short-term rentals have on real estate?
- What regulatory regimes apply to these rentals?
- What are the risks associated with such arrangements?
- What are solutions to conflicts with HOAs, condo boards, co-op agreements, and other neighborhood organizations?
- What are the enforcement difficulties and how can they be resolved?
- How has COVID-19 impacted the short term rental industry?
Kasieta Legal Group
Mr. Hazelbaker advises small businesses and communities in employment law, land use, litigation and legislation. His... | Read More
Mr. Hazelbaker advises small businesses and communities in employment law, land use, litigation and legislation. His clients are typically businesses, units of government and individuals.Close
Christopher S. Malloy
Moriarty Troyer & Malloy
Mr. Malloy is a founding member of Moriarty Troyer & Malloy LLC and brings nearly fifteen years of litigation and... | Read More
Mr. Malloy is a founding member of Moriarty Troyer & Malloy LLC and brings nearly fifteen years of litigation and trial experience in the areas of community association, real estate and complex construction law. His practice also focuses on condominium construction defect and transitional litigation at the trial and appellate level of the state and federal courts as well as in various alternative dispute resolution forums.Close
Ashley M. Peterson
Law Office of Ashley M. Peterson
Ms. Peterson specializes in real estate transactions including commercial and residential property purchases and sales,... | Read More
Ms. Peterson specializes in real estate transactions including commercial and residential property purchases and sales, 1031 exchanges, commercial and residential leasing, landlord and tenant matters, short term vacation rental regulations, title and due diligence review, easements, and homeowner association issues. In addition, her practice includes advising small businesses, forming new business entities, business purchases and sales, general business contracts, and trust and probate administration.Close