Advanced Tax Issues in Entity Selection
Choosing the Entity to Meet the Client's Business Strategies and Capital and Compensation Structures
Recording of a 90-minute CLE/CPE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide tax counsel with an advanced analysis of legal and financial aspects of business entity structuring, including tax issues related to capital structure and compensation. Our panel will also discuss the impact of new and proposed legislation on tax rates and entity selection.
- Overview of entity choices
- In general
- Check the box
- Business plan
- Type of business
- Location of business
- Supply chain
- Capital structure and financing plans
- Exit strategy
- Compensation and withholding issues
- Ability to attract key employees through equity interests
- Self-employment tax issues
- Impact of new and proposed legislation on tax rates
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How difficult is it for individual members to exit the entity and what are the procedures involved?
- What are benefits of using “check the box?”
- What impact does new healthcare and proposed carried interest legislation have on corporate entities?
- How do you sort out the deductible from the capitalizable transaction related costs?
- How can you plan for and minimize self-employment taxes?
Robert M. Finkel
Morse, Barnes-Brown & Pendleton
He has more than 25 years experience as a tax and business lawyer, with his practice focused on the areas of individual... | Read More
He has more than 25 years experience as a tax and business lawyer, with his practice focused on the areas of individual and business taxation including tax controversy and tax litigation. He advises clients on the tax aspects of a wide range of business transactions. He also advises Israel-based high tech companies on US operations and financings.Close
Ronald P. Wargo, II
He practices in the areas of estate planning, business law, and intellectual property. He is certified as a specialist... | Read More
He practices in the areas of estate planning, business law, and intellectual property. He is certified as a specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law by the California Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California. He frequently speaks on estate planning and business issues.Close
Diana C. Espanola
Morse Barnes-Brown & Pendleton
She concentrates her practice in the areas of tax and business law. She advises individuals, businesses and non-profit... | Read More
She concentrates her practice in the areas of tax and business law. She advises individuals, businesses and non-profit organizations on a range of tax planning issues including tax controversy and tax litigation. She also represents clients before the Internal Revenue Service, the Massachusetts Department of Revenue, and other government agencies.Close