Advanced Income and Estate Tax Planning Techniques for Owners of Closely Held Businesses
A live 90-minute CLE/CPE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE course will provide trusts and estates attorneys with an in-depth analysis of advanced income and estate tax planning strategies for owners of closely held businesses under current tax law and in light of proposed tax law changes. The panel will discuss techniques utilizing GRATs, sales to grantor trusts, buy-sell agreements, and ways to avoid tax issues in business succession planning and other vital items.
- Key considerations under current tax law
- Challenges stemming from proposed tax law changes
- Buy-sell agreements
- Transfers of business interests
- FLPs and LLCs
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the challenges and available planning techniques for owners of closely held businesses under current tax law?
- What issues arise in light of proposed tax law changes?
- What are the benefits and critical considerations for drafting buy-sell agreements?
- What planning techniques are available for lifetime transfers of business interests?
- What are the considerations, available methods, and obstacles when utilizing trusts?
- What are the advantages and key issues of using FLPs and LLCs in estate planning?
Mr. Capdevielle has been developing sophisticated tax planning strategies and resolving tax disputes for clients more... | Read More
Mr. Capdevielle has been developing sophisticated tax planning strategies and resolving tax disputes for clients more than two decades. As lawyer, accountant, longtime instructor and adjunct professor, Mr. Capdevielle formulates strategies to utilize the ever-changing array of federal and state tax laws – and relevant treaties – to clients’ benefit. This includes comprehensive counsel to businesses adapting to sweeping tax law changes enacted in 2017, and ongoing work with business owners and other individual taxpayers seeking to preserve assets through trust and estate planning.Close
to be announced.
Cannot Attend October 20?
You may pre-order a recording to listen at your convenience. Recordings are available 48 hours after the webinar. CPE credit is not available on recordings. Strafford will process CLE credit for one person on each recording. All formats include course handouts.