Advanced Gifting Strategies for Estate Planners: Balancing Income and Transfer Tax Benefits for Individuals, Couples
Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide estate planners guidance on key gifting strategies for individuals and couples under current tax law and the impact of potential tax law changes. The panel will discuss mechanisms for balancing income and transfer tax benefits, key gifting considerations, asset selection, and other critical items for estate planners.
- Key gifting considerations under current tax law and potential changes
- Determining the appropriate gifting strategy
- Gifting to minimize income taxes
- Gifting to minimize transfer taxes
- Best practices and other planning options
- Impact of proposed legislation
The panel will discuss these and other key issues:
- What are the critical gifting considerations under current tax law?
- What options are available in anticipation of potential tax law changes?
- What are the items to consider when determining the appropriate gifting strategy?
- What options are available to minimize income taxes?
- How do you ensure optimum tax basis planning?
- What options are available to minimize transfer taxes?
- How proposed legislation impacts these planning ideas and creates new opportunities.
Mr. Capdevielle has been developing sophisticated tax planning strategies and resolving tax disputes for clients more... | Read More
Mr. Capdevielle has been developing sophisticated tax planning strategies and resolving tax disputes for clients more than two decades. As lawyer, accountant, longtime instructor and adjunct professor, Mr. Capdevielle formulates strategies to utilize the ever-changing array of federal and state tax laws – and relevant treaties – to clients’ benefit. This includes comprehensive counsel to businesses adapting to sweeping tax law changes enacted in 2017, and ongoing work with business owners and other individual taxpayers seeking to preserve assets through trust and estate planning.Close
Wayne M. Zell
Managing Member & CEO
Mr. Zell has devoted his legal, public accounting, and business advisory career to counseling clients in a variety of... | Read More
Mr. Zell has devoted his legal, public accounting, and business advisory career to counseling clients in a variety of industries, including investors, technology companies, government contractors, and non-profit organizations. His clients also include for-profit and non-profit executives, service providers, and high-net-worth individuals. He has extensive experience in complex estate planning and business planning matters. On estate planning matters, Wayne regularly advises clients in structuring and preparing intricate revocable and irrevocable trusts, essential estate planning (i.e., wills, medical directives, and powers of attorney), family limited partnerships and limited liability companies, life insurance vehicles, charitable giving arrangements (including charitable lead and remainder trusts), private and public foundations and grant-making programs and asset protection planning.Close