Additional Insured Coverage in Construction Contracts and Interplay With Contractual Indemnification Clauses
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide attendees with a review of key issues in additional insured (AI) coverage, the interrelationship between contractual indemnification and AI coverage, and best practices to maximize AI coverage and for insurers to minimize exposure.
- Overview of additional insured status
- Additional insured vs. additional named insured
- Endorsements vs. certificate of insurance
- Policy language and various additional insured forms
- Scope of coverage
- Priority of coverage
- Notice to insurer
- The interplay between contractual indemnity and additional insured coverage
- Contractual indemnification
- Contractual insurance requirements
- Additional insured coverage
- Best practices for insurers to minimize exposure for AI coverage and contractual indemnity
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How can counsel ensure that contractually required AI coverage is satisfied by the named insured's policy?
- Why is a possession of merely a certificate of insurance often inadequate protection for the party seeking AI status?
- What are the challenges and pitfalls in drafting indemnification provisions for construction contracts?
- How do the insurer's duties and obligations vary concerning AI coverage versus contractual indemnification?
James P. Bobotek
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
Mr. Bobotek guides clients through all phases of development and construction of commercial properties, including... | Read More
Mr. Bobotek guides clients through all phases of development and construction of commercial properties, including preparation, review and negotiation of development, design, construction, design-build, and related agreements. He also counsels clients in analyzing insurance coverage claims, formulating risk management strategies, and developing contractual insurance requirements. Mr. Bobotek has secured many favorable outcomes for commercial policyholders on CGL, builder’s risk, commercial property, business interruption, E&O, cyber, professional liability, D&O, pollution, fidelity and other claims.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 05/31/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 05/31/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H