Addiction Related Issues in Divorce: Causation, Alimony, Property Division, Custody Issues
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will equip family law attorneys to address unfamiliar and complex addiction related issues that are arising more and more frequently in divorce cases. The program will focus on how active addiction alters each stage of the process and how counsel must adjust their analysis and recommendations accordingly. The webinar will view these issues primarily from the perspective of the spouse divorcing the active addict but will include some material related to representing the addicted spouse.
- Overview of substance abuse and addiction
- Co-occurring disorders
- Identifying the addiction related issues
- Anticipating the addict's unpredictability
- Pleading and proving addiction
- Alimony and support issues
- Property division
- Augmenting ordinary temporary orders to cover addictive behaviors
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What is addiction?
- How to identify addiction
- How, when, and how often to test for addiction
- What kind of tests are out there and what do they tell you?
- What kind of treatment options exist?
- What relief should attorneys seek?
- When should one divorce the addicted spouse?
Cynthia L. Ciancio
Ciancio Ciancio Brown
Ms. Ciancio’s practice specializes in high asset divorces and complex child custody disputes. She has over 14... | Read More
Ms. Ciancio’s practice specializes in high asset divorces and complex child custody disputes. She has over 14 years of experience exclusively in family law, and another four years prior as a Deputy District Attorney in Adams County. She is also a certified mediator conducting both mediations and arbitrations for parties with or without counsel. Ms. Ciancio currently serves as the Immediate Past Chair of the Colorado Bar Association's Family Law Section.Close
B. Robert Farzad
Farzad & Ochoa Family Law Attorneys
Mr. Farzad is actively involved in the firm's divorce and parentage cases, with a focus on the complex divorce... | Read More
Mr. Farzad is actively involved in the firm's divorce and parentage cases, with a focus on the complex divorce cases.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 11/13/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $170 (through 11/13/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$224 + $24.45 S&H