ADA Title III Compliance for Real Estate Owners and Operators: Avoiding and Responding to Drive-By Claims
Understanding the ADA Regulatory Framework and Potential for Abusive Litigation
A live 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will review current ADA Title III accessibility requirements and the causes of action against property owners or operators for noncompliance. The panel will discuss the steps to take to avoid violations, and how to respond to "drive-by" and other potentially abusive claims.
- Overview of the ADA accessibility standards
- Civil actions allowed under the current regulatory framework
- Discussion of the recent increase in ADA claims
- Drive-by lawsuits
- Use of Google Maps
- Most common violations cited
- Conducting internal due diligence to spot violations
- Bringing noncomplying facilities into compliance
- Responding to drive-by claims
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the current ADA Title III accessibility standards and the most common violations?
- What regulatory and civil actions are allowed under the ADA in the event of noncompliance?
- How can property owners and operators avoid drive-by lawsuits?
- How should owners and operators respond if a claim is filed?
Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
In addition to representing Fortune 200 clients with sophisticated in-house legal teams, Mr. Antkowiak also serves... | Read More
In addition to representing Fortune 200 clients with sophisticated in-house legal teams, Mr. Antkowiak also serves small and medium-sized businesses throughout the country as their de facto general counsel. He has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® consistently since 2020 under the Employment Law – Management and Litigation – Labor and Employment categories.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 01/29/21)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 01/29/21)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $24.45 S&H