ADA Compliance for Websites and Apps: Mitigating the Increasing Risk
Evolving Technical Standards, Conflicting Court Opinions, and "Surf-by" Claims
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide corporations and their counsel with tools to mitigate liability for a website or app that does not comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Plaintiffs are actively surfing the internet to discover noncompliant sites, and are reaping the rewards of their private enforcement of the ADA at the expense of companies of all sizes. Thousands of these cases have been filed in the past several years, and this trend shows no sign of slowing.
- Application of the ADA to websites and apps
- General ADA principles
- How ADA principles apply to websites and mobile apps
- The plaintiff bar's role in civil compliance enforcement through claims against companies and litigation
- Government enforcement
- Determining whether compliance is necessary
- Steps to ensure compliance
- Audits, remediation, and compliance software
- Risk Mitigation
- Proactive steps to minimize the risk of a suit
- Steps to mitigate liability and damages when a claim is filed
The panel will review these and other essential matters:
- What are the sources of law, regulation, and industry standards that apply?
- What are the best practices to make a website ADA compliant?
- What are the legal risks and exposures to clients for noncompliance?
- How can companies mitigate their exposure in these cases?
Mark S. Sidoti
Director, Commercial & Criminal Litigation
Mr. Sidoti – a commercial and products liability litigator and Chair of the Gibbons E-Discovery Task Force... | Read More
Mr. Sidoti – a commercial and products liability litigator and Chair of the Gibbons E-Discovery Task Force – draws on his more than 30 years of litigation experience to help his clients assess and surmount a wide range of business challenges that require savvy negotiation and, at times, aggressive litigation. Whether the issues revolve around contract disputes, financial services, restrictive covenants, corporate medical litigation, or products liability, he combines his litigation skills with a broad knowledge of e-discovery law and information governance principles to help his clients navigate the critical cost/benefit analysis involved in every litigation and to reach the most favorable resolution in the most economical way.Close
Jason C. Taylor
Chief Innovation Officer and Advisor
Mr. Taylor has 20 years of experience in usability and accessibility. He is a global technology thought leader for... | Read More
Mr. Taylor has 20 years of experience in usability and accessibility. He is a global technology thought leader for multichannel customer engagement, actively advising leading companies on how to extend their brands across multiple channels for all users. Mr. Taylor has been an active member of the accessibility and usability communities since 2000 which started with leading partnerships between UsableNet, Macromedia (now Adobe) and The Nielsen Norman Group along with the product development of the UsableNet’s first Accessibility Testing platform in 2000.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H