Acquisitions of Distressed Commercial Mortgage and Mezzanine Debt
Key Issues for Mortgage vs. Mezzanine Debt, Due Diligence Strategies, and Contract Considerations for Buyers and Sellers
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance for real estate counsel on key due diligence issues involved in distressed real estate loan acquisitions for buyers and sellers of commercial mortgage and mezzanine debt. The panel will outline strategies to identify and mitigate risks and liabilities during the deal.
- Legal and financial risks of distressed note purchases
- Evaluating the real estate asset and finding a loan to buy
- Due diligence and documentation strategies for the purchase of commercial mortgages
- Special due diligence and documentation strategies for mezzanine loan acquisitions
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How should a real estate asset be evaluated in order to decide which loan to buy?
- What factors help determine the extent and type of due diligence sufficient for distressed real estate loan acquisitions?
- What are the best practices for evaluating and managing legal and financial risks when buying or selling commercial mortgage and mezzanine loans?
- What are the special considerations for the purchase and sale of mezzanine debt?
- How can representations and warranties provisions be used to protect against unforeseen or overlooked diligence tasks?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Ren R. Hayhurst
He represents lenders in real estate and commercial loan documentation, real estate loan workouts and foreclosure,... | Read More
He represents lenders in real estate and commercial loan documentation, real estate loan workouts and foreclosure, receivership and loan/guaranty enforcement litigation. He is a frequent speaker on a wide variety of real estate topics.Close
James P. Kousoulas
His practice focuses primarily in banking and real estate, with an emphasis in commercial lending and real estate... | Read More
His practice focuses primarily in banking and real estate, with an emphasis in commercial lending and real estate development. He represents lending institutions in a wide variety of commercial loan transactions, including securitized loan transactions and mezzanine financing. He represents real estate developers in negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements and loan documentation.Close