ACA Compliance for Employers: Preparing for New 2016 Information Reporting Requirements
Documenting and Reporting Workforce Classifications and Health Plan Offerings Under the Employer Mandate
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide employment and ERISA counsel with current planning techniques to ensure employer compliance with the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) new 2016 information reporting requirements. The authoritative panel of ACA experts will offer guidelines for both applicable large employers as well as small employers who are not subject to the employer mandate but may still have reporting obligations, and will outline the steps employers should take now to prepare to comply and avoid penalties.
- Overview of ACA employer mandate provisions
- Forms 1094-C, 1095-C, 1094-B, 1095-B
- IRS filing and distribution deadlines
- Workforce classification and documentation
- Best practices for employer recordkeeping
- Potential liability and penalties under the employer mandate
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What steps should employers take now to comply with the ACA reporting requirements in early 2016?
- What are the specific requirements for appropriate plan documentation and communication?
- What are the reporting requirements for employers that are part of a “controlled group”?
- What reporting requirements are smaller employers subject to?
- Which employees are considered “full-time employee” under the ACA?
- How should employers best document plan and coverage options?
Susan M. Nash
McDermott Will & Emery
Ms. Nash is Chair of the firm’s Health and Welfare Plan Affinity Group. She focuses her practice primarily in the... | Read More
Ms. Nash is Chair of the firm’s Health and Welfare Plan Affinity Group. She focuses her practice primarily in the areas of healthcare reform and health and welfare benefit plans, including compliance with the ACA, HIPAA, ERISA, COBRA, the Internal Revenue Code and other federal laws affecting group health plans. Ms. Nash is a national expert in the area of healthcare reform and health benefits and regularly writes and speaks on such issues.Close
Tiffany N. Santos
Ms. Santos counsels employers and multiemployer trusts on all aspects of their employee benefit plans, including... | Read More
Ms. Santos counsels employers and multiemployer trusts on all aspects of their employee benefit plans, including health and welfare plans, Section 125 cafeteria plans, and qualified retirement plans. She is a frequent speaker on health plan matters, including health care reform, HIPAA, COBRA, and cafeteria plans, and on investment-related matters, including ERISA’s impact on alternative investments.Close