401(k) Plans for Hemp, CBD, and Cannabis Industry: ERISA Compliance, 280E, and Other Tax Issues
Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide ERISA counsel guidance for structuring 401(k) plans for hemp, cannabis, and cannabidiol (CBD) companies. The panelist, who works specifically the Cannabis & ERISA/Tax space, will discuss critical components for ERISA compliance, tax issues and methods to overcome them, the controlled group rules and pitfalls to avoid, and other essential items of structuring and ensuring compliance for 401(k) plans for hemp, CBD, and cannabis industry clients.
- What does Section 280E of the Internal Revenue Code restrict?
- How to work with 280E
- Impact of the 2018 Farm Bill
- Considerations for ERISA compliance
- Tax challenges and methods to overcome them
- Controlled group rules and pitfalls to avoid
- Best practices for ERISA counsel and plan sponsors
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How do companies work with the 280E restrictions?
- How must companies be structured to maximize what can be done under 280E?
- How does 280E impact production, distribution, and dispensing?
- What are the critical components of the 2018 Farm Bill affecting hemp, CBD, and cannabis companies?
- What are the regulatory concerns in implementing retirement plans for hemp, CBD, and cannabis producers?
- What are the tax issues in the implementation of retirement plans for hemp, CBD, and cannabis companies?
- What are the best practices to ensure federal and state regulatory compliance?
- Are these cannabis companies more at risk for IRS audit?
Jewell Lim Esposito
Ms. Esposito has 25 years of practice in employee benefits and tax law and emphasizes fiduciary compliance, tax... | Read More
Ms. Esposito has 25 years of practice in employee benefits and tax law and emphasizes fiduciary compliance, tax qualification of retirement plans, executive compensation and payroll plans.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $250
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$444 + $24.45 S&H