401(k) Fiduciary Practices Under Attack
ERISA Litigation Trends and Effective Defense Strategies
Including Section 404(c) safe harbor tactics
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will examine current litigation trends arising from 401(k) plan management, review the effectiveness of the 404(c) safe harbor and other defenses to defeat claims, and outline best practices for fiduciaries to avoid and reduce ERISA litigation.
- 401(k) litigation trends
- Excessive fee and disclosure cases
- Plan mismanagement cases
- Sales practices cases
- Litigation defense strategies
- 404(c) safe harbor defense
- Statute of limitations
- Other defenses
- Best practices for 401(k) fiduciaries to avoid and reduce ERISA litigation
- Provide consistent and careful oversight of plans
- Provide participants with summary annual reports and Form 5500
- Follow PPA’s disclosure and asset modeling requirements
- Formalize procedures for company-sponsored plans
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the bases for the recent wave of 401(k) fiduciary duty claims — and what defenses are available to plan sponsors and fiduciaries?
- How effective has the 404(c) safe harbor been in defending against claims?
- What are best practices for sponsors to avoid ERISA violations and liability for 401(k) plan management?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.