Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
Strafford is an approved sponsor for continuing legal education in states that accredit webinars or teleconferences. Refer to our state CLE map for information about your state.
Search for Programs
|State CLE Requirements||
24 hours per 2 year period.
2.5 hours of the total 24-hour requirement must include instruction on “professional conduct.”
Attorneys are no longer required to earn a specific number of hours in ethics,professionalism, and
substance abuse, but they are required to earn a minimum of 2.5 hours of instruction on topics designated
as “professional conduct.”
Reporting Deadline: January 31
Credit Hour: 60 minutes (rounded to nearest 1/4 hour if after initial 60 minutes)
Newly Admitted Attorneys:
12 hours new lawyer training including 1 hour new lawyer professionalism.
Strafford is required to report attendance for all participants and retain program evaluation forms. Contact the CLE Department at ext. 35 for more information.
|Delivery Format||Strafford CLE Availability|
Strafford's pre-approved course list can be found on Ohio's website under the descriptions "live webcast" and "teleconference". Due to state restrictions, please confirm that the program is pre-approved before registering for the event.
State restrictions prevent Strafford from offering CLE credit for On-Demand Online programs. Contact the CLE Department at ext. 35 for exceptions.
|Recordings (MP3, Webinar Download, DVD, CD)|
State restrictions prevent Strafford from offering CLE credit on CD/DVD/MP3.
|CLE Board Contact||
Supreme Court of Ohio Commission on Continuing Legal Education
Search for Programs
|CLE >||CLE Sample >|
*Filled-in example form.
Top 10 CLE Questions
- Which states accredit CLE for Strafford webinars?
- How many CLE credits will I earn by participating in a webinar?
- How do I apply for CLE credit processing?
- When should I apply for CLE credit processing?
- How long will it take to receive confirmation of my CLE credits?
- Can I apply for CLE credit on my own?
- Where can I find the CLE attendance form?
- Which states accredit online programs for CLE?
- Is CLE credit available on recorded events?
- How do I fill out my Official Record of Attendance for CLE?